At Wallerich Eye Care, our optometry staff works together to ensure your visit is comfortable and completed in a timely manner. We have a qualified team of professionals that will work around your busy schedule and address any questions or concerns prior to the appointment. Whether it’s a general eye exam or treating a condition that requires an in depth diagnosis, our team provides undivided attention to each patient so we can evaluate a plan based on your needs and our professional opinion. Our doctor offers full vision examinations and will diagnose and treat an array of eye diseases and conditions to keep your eyes healthy!
Dr. Michael Wallerich
Dr. Michael Wallerich is a native of La Crosse, Wisconsin. In high school, he started as an apprentice optician, which piqued his interest to pursue the doctor of optometry program at the State University of New York in New York City. He attended the University of California Berkeley’s primary care/brain injury vision rehabilitation residency program at the Veterans Administration Palo Alto Health Care System.
Directly after his residency, Dr. Wallerich became a traveling optometrist within skilled nursing facilities, assisted living centers, rehabilitation clinics and regional hospitals throughout the state of Minnesota. In addition, Dr. Wallerich also has a busy clinical practice at Wallerich Eye Care (inside of Target Optical – Midway St. Paul). He enjoys providing necessary medical and vision eye care to all patients from the age of 6 months to his wisest patient at age 110!
- University of Minnesota – Twin Cities
- Biology (B.S); Minor – Spanish
- State University of New York College of Optometry
- Doctor of Optometry (O.D.)
- Empire State College
- Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.)
- University of California – Berkeley College of Optometry @ VA Palo Alto Health Care Center
- Residency: Primary Care/Brain Injury Vision Rehabilitation
What are Dr. Wallerich’s clinical interests?
- Comprehensive Eye Care
- Contact Lens Eye Examinations
- Geriatric Eye Care
- Brain Injury Vision Rehabilitation – Vision Deficits secondary to physical disabilities traumatic/acquired brain injuries and other neurological insults
- Pediatric Eye Care
Outside of Optometry
Hobbies: downhill skiing, exercising, reading non-fiction, volunteering, kayaking, hiking, gardening, board games
Professional relationships: American Optometric Association and Minnesota Optometric Association
Contact our friendly staff today with any questions or to schedule a consultation!